Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A trip into the past

Thank goodness, I can type again. With difficulty, it is true, but i can do it, neverthless. I have just about recovered from my last fall, and the last of the bruise marks are slowly fading. Believe me, i walk carefully now!
Yesterday we took a lovely little day trip to the beautiful city of Petaluma, where we took a walking tour of many Victorian houses, some restored and some just as they were when they were built in the 1860's. The yards were gorgeous, with roses, hydrangeas, dahlias and many other varieties of flowers in full bloom. I rode in style in my wheelchair, pushed by my husband. A visit to the museum completed a very enjoyable day.
My husband and I declared a moratorium on TV but being of weak will, it is back on again. We simply could not stand any more coverage of Michael Jackson's death and the programs we have been watching are mostly reruns. He has an old American Classic movie on, but I retired to my computer. I promise, i will try to keep up my blogging more frequently, it is supposed to be a sort of journal of my life. So take care, I like to think of all of you reading my efforts, good or bad, and thinking of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your day out and about sounded perfect. I'm glad you got to see the sights. HH

Grandma Dottie said...

Thanks. It will be a day to remember for a long time.