Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The luncheon

We had a fun day today, going to the salad luncheon put on by the ladies guild of St. Coleman's church. Since each of the dishes was a specialty of the contributor, we got to sample some very delicious food. Then there was the usual bingo games and the drawing of tickets for prizes. I won four fragrant candles and my husband won a hot pad for when he barbecues. We saw many faces we haven't seen for a long time, and all in all, had a fine time.
We are trying to follow the instructions of our doctor, but I am very much afraid my husband has broken the admonition to cease snacking. As soon as we got home from the luncheon he was at the cupboard to get cookies and milk. He couldn't possibly have been hungry - it is just habit.
Well, anyway, that is what we did today. Good night and keep in touch.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

Your day sounds lovely. Like your husband, I have a habit of snacking. Like right now, I am not hungry, I just finished my dinner, but I want something yummy. I have to run to the market for some milk soon, and will have to do my best to refrain from purchasing something fantastic like ice cream, or baked goods. Maybe I will skip the market, and be forced to skip the snack : )