Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I sleep late.

Hi All! This morning I did something I have wanted to do all of my life - I stayed in bed until noon. I didn't sleep until noon, as i am not a good sleeper, but I didn't rise until noon. I drifted in and out of sleep and had some very vivid dreams about everything, most pleasant little interludes. Only when I smelled the fresh coffee my husband had made did I rise and find my way out to the kitchen. Maybe i will do this again - this could be a whole new way of life.
We are waiting for our electrician to come and attach a toggle switch to our hot water heater so we can shut it off during the peak hours of use, to save money on our electric bill, which has been ruinously high. Every so often we go on a savings spree, and try mightily to pare our expenses down to the minimum. We concentrate our efforts for about three days and then we relapse into our old ways. It does us good, we have always had a reckless attitude about money, anyway. But like I am fond of saying "You can't take it with you." (To which my husband responds, "Then I'm not going.") Like everything else, we never see eye to eye on any subject.
Anyway, life is going smoothly. We had a wonderful visit from my brother and my neice and hope we can get together sometime for a longer visit. October is a wonderful time here, with the wineries open for visiting and the leaves at their prettiest. We'll see, maybe we can lure them out here again. Bye! Keep in touch.

No comments: