Friday, January 9, 2009

Hi. Good news from the hospital. Our son-in-law, (the family member I wrote about in my last blog) has had a pace-maker installed to assist his heart in maintaining a regular rhythm, and will be home again soon. He had gone in with pneumonia and the heart problem was discovered there. We hope it will make him feel much better, he has not felt well for quite a while. He is in an excellent hospital with a good doctor and even the food is reputed to be good!
My husband and i are keeping busy with yet another project, this time repairing the bathroom floor. It had been leaking for quite awhile, and the particle-board under the linoleum had gotten totally soaked with water. Yesterday we ripped it up, practically with our bare hands, and exposed the sub-flooring, equally soaked, which we hope will dry out eventually. The insurance company had given us a check to cover part of the expense of having it fixed, but my husband, being a thrifty old yankee- type person, will no doubt do it himself. Up here where we live, nobody bothers with permits or inspections, and I don't know if they are required to allow us to pull up a toilet bowl and fix a leak. What they don't know won't hurt them.
Years ago, I had a county inspector come up to a house we owned here to try to find out why the sliding glass door imploded into the family room. When he wrote out his report, somehow an error occurred and It was put into the computer that I was having construction done without a permit, and I got a notice threatening me with dire consequences unless I ceased and desisted immediately. After a visit to the county seat, and vehement protests launched at the information desk, they finally sent the same inspector back to check the house out once again, and the matter was cleared up. Except for the nuisance factor, no harm was done.
There is no doubt that I am a klutz with a computer. Yesterday the modem got disconnected from the computer, and I couldn't get my internet connections to work. It took me about an hour to realize what the problem was. As soon as i plugged the modem into the surge-protector, all was well. I've only had my computer for six years.
Well, our little dog is pacing back and forth, hinting that we should all be in bed. Good-night, stay well.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

Glad to hear about the health of your son in law. Best of luck with the floor.