Saturday, December 5, 2009

No news is good news.

Another week gone by already. i had intended to do better than this, but time goes so fast, and life is so tranquil that I really have no dramatic news to impart. We have been watching Turner Classic Movies in the evenings, which passes the time pleasantly and I have some forms to fill out, which will keep me busy for an hour or two. My firm resolve to try new menus has not deserted me, but for tonight we had macaroni and cheese and hot dogs, hardly an imaginative feast. My chili and stew that I made on Thursday and Friday were very successful, though. Luckily for me, my husband will eat just about anything.
We are expecting some heavy rain, supposed to start tonight, so we have brought in some wood for the wood stove and are prepared for an electric power outage if one comes. We have a nice supply of candles and will ride out the storm if it comes.
We expect a wet winter this year.
Will try to be more interesting next blog. Take care and keep in touch.

1 comment:

Heera said...

hellow grandma,

i am regular blog reader from 2 yrs but just started my own page only yesterday. today happenend to read your blog. and you wont believe i just could nt stop my self reading all your post. i love the way you wrote.

keep in touch and take care

Love