Sunday, September 13, 2009

A rare event

Hooray! i got onto my blogsite again! No doubt about, I could use a new computer. But could I learn to use it? That is the question!
We had some exciting weather a night or so ago, with a fierce lightning and thunder storm. It crackled across the sky, waking everyone up and starting small fires. This a rare occurence here in our part of the country, and brought back memories of storms in the midwest where I grew up. Although we have earthquakes here, we don't have the tornados, blizzards and flooding to contend with. Actually, I rather enjoyed the storm.
Otherwise, things have been very quiet. I am walking pretty well, with the help of a walker, and will probably walk a block or two this afternoon. In a couple of weeks, I will be eighty-seven years old. Time has flown by, and I am fortunate that my memory has remained clear. And doubly fortunate that we live in this beautiful spot. At one time, I wrote the story of my life. Maybe I will put some of it on my blog. But bye for now. Keep in touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're getting "around" so well. Your walk a couple blocks tells me you are good. Harriet

Random Thoughts said...

Storms can be so entertaining... when they are not causing damage to lives!