Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I spilled coffee on the rug

Guess who dribbled coffee onto the clean rug? You guessed it - I did! But I moved fast and got it up with a damp rag. Of course, we have to walk on it and I know that sooner or later it will get walked on with muddy shoes, it simply can't be helped. We are enjoying its pristine appearance while it lasts.
Lovely warm weather up here this week. The cat flakes out on the deck in the sun, and the hummingbirds bombard each other, competing for the sugar water in the feeder. We can't believe how fast time is flying by. In no time at all, it will be time for the family reunion again, and in a way, I wish I could go. I will hear all about it from other members of the family who attend, and am looking forward to getting some pictures of the event. They all seem to have a good time there.
I got a notice in the mail telling about a town meeting in Larkspur concerning the Alexander Street bridge which is just a block from the house on Magnolia Avenue. I hope that they are able to repair it, rather than replace it. Generations of kids have played under it and walked over it, it would be a shame to demolish it.
Well, no momentous news today. I am walking better again and hope to soon get around with just my canes. All is well, good night all. Keep in touch.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts said...

I hope you are well.... It seems to have been some time since you have been blogging. Thinking good thoughts.