Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A big parade

Well,, we watched the parade in San Francisco, and I was thankful that I was watching from the comfort of my sofa,, with my snacks at hand. I was able to knit and watch, which made it all the more satisfactory. Once upon a time, i did rush off to attend such events, and felt deprived if I missed them, but now it would take a great deal to drag me off to watch even the small parades in Guerneville. Such is the result of the passage of time!
This was my husband's birthday, but we are celebrating on Saturday, when everyone can be here. It will be a do-it-yourself affair, since I am in a lazy mode. But it will be fun.
My knitting is coming along, and the result is soft and warm. It will be either a shawl or blanket, depending on how the yarn holds out. I look for excuses to sit down and knit.
Time is rushing by. I am reminded of the poem "Gather ye roses while ye may, For time it is a-afleeting." Too true.
Bye all, and keep in touch.

No comments: