Saturday, January 2, 2010

An important find.

I somehow always manage to post my comments under "Anonymous", why I don't know. But it really is me. And I love to read your comments.
Today was a rather memorable day because i found a document I had been looking for, and finding it was quite a relief. We had thrown out a large bundle of old papers, somewhat to my discomfort, but luckily this one had been saved. I am not usually a hoarder, but old tax papers and property documents rather give me pause before i toss them out.
We had a lovely day here today, with a tasty salad and once again a warm wood fire. Now I am sitting here, pondering what the future will bring. I had researched Parkinson's Disease, because i have become so unsteady in my stride, but I can't quite reconcile myself to that fate. It is hard to diagnose, so either way, it will be easy to simply deny its existence and pretend all is well. I walk with a walker and do pretty well.
Take care and keep in touch. I love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Miss.if said...

You should blog more often! I enjoyed your post. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who holds on to papers for longer than needed. How is your winter in Californi ???

Dieverdog said...

I hang on to way too much stuff for way too long. Sometimes it can become a benefit - but usually just makes for more stuff to organize and put away (or step over if I haven't gotten around to putting it away!) I always say it comes from having parents who grew up during the Great Depression (as opposed to the one we are going through now). They were both keepers and savers - you could always find a way to reuse stuff in their minds. I do hate how so much today costs more to fix than to just toss and buy new - it seems so wasteful and harmful to the environment. I haven't been back to see your blog for a while but I always enjoy it!