Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hooray for Super Saver

Time has flown by so fast that I have neglected my blogs for a whole month! I have no excuse - I have been in fine health and good spirits and enjoying the warm and pleasant weather we are having. We did have some heavy rain during April and a rousing thunder and lightning storm, something we don't usually have here in California. We sat in our family room and watched the display from our big picture window.
We did have a fun day yesterday, glued to the TV screen watching the Churchill Downs race. We started watching at about noon and watched the whole thing, right through to the final run for the roses. We were down in Louisville for a Barbershop convention some years ago and enjoyed the beauty and history of the place, and sipped mint juleps and wandered over the blue grass and planned on going back some day. Alas! That was never to be, but we have fond memories and make sure that we watch every race.
It is reunion time for my high school class of 1940 and I was astounded to learn that there are 12 of 19 graduates still living. It is our 70th reunion, I wish I could go but since I don't travel any more, it cannot happen. I must content myself with the news letter and whatever correspondence I maintain with my former classmates.
For me, this is the best time of day, with dinner over, the dishes in the dishwasher, and whatever sweets are available still waiting for me. My husband has hidden the candy but if I beg hard enough he will dole out a piece or two.
Take care and remember to keep in touch.

No comments: